Note: Wherever it is found, "<" denotes aggravation (worse by) and ">" denotes amelioration (better by)
||:||Poison of the Honey Bee.
||:||Tinctures are made from the whole bee and of the
poison. Dilutions with alcohol.
5) Bad news
6) Bad effects of acute exanthemata
7) Imperfectly developed or suppressed measles, urticaria.
||:||< HEAT - warm room, warm drinks,
< Touch, even of hair
< After sleep
< 4 p.m.
< Suppressed eruption
< Suppression of sexual expression (as from loss of spouse)
> Cool - cool air, cool bath fire, warm bed, hot bath
> Slight expectoration
||:||1) Mentally, the Apis personality is quite like a
bee - busy and active constantly. May be a workaholic, "task oriented".
2) Straight forward and non-introspective. Aggressive, if he or family is betrayed or crossed. Controls the family, very protective and jealous, practical and business oriented. Strong family orientation.
3) Absent-minded, cannot concentrate. Indifferent or apathetic.
4) Awkward, lets things fall from her hands and laughs sillily at the mishaps.
5) Unconsciousness, impaired memory and slow march of ideas.
6) Weepiness, cannot help crying. Children constantly whining, crying, shrieking during sleep.
7) Cannot bear to be left alone, busy and restless. Depression as if she would die (without fear of death).
8) Mania from sexual irritation. Increased sexual desire in widows with much jealously, fear of being poisoned.
9) Low muttering delirium following suppressed eruptions.
10) Great restlessness and fidgetiness.
11) Foolishly suspicious.
||:||-Trembling jerking and twitching of one half of the
-Most often the RIGHT side is affected. Symptoms proceed from right to left.
-Great SENSITIVENESS to touch with a general soreness, even the touch of hair is painful.
-Desires exercise and ameliorated by it.
-burning, stinging lancinating
-with excessive swelling
-with redness and swelling and pain in eyes, eyelids, ears, face, lips, tongue, anus, throat, testicles.
-All complaints aggravated by heat and better by cold application.
-Tension, swelling and stiffness of limbs. Tired and bruised all over. Prostration upto faintishness.
-Oedematous swellings, local or general, with skin whitish waxen, almost transparent. In general dropsy, skin alternately dry and perspiring.
-Anasarca with thirstlessness. But intermittent chill at 3 p.m. with thirst.
-Head-Menopausal flushings of heat.
-Herpes zoster of face, especially of the left side.
-Angioneurotic oedema with tense swelling of the face, lips, tongue and larynx.
-Eyes-Recurrent suppurating styes.
-Swelling around the eyes.
-Throat-Pharyngitis >Cold drinks.
-Pharyngitis with bag-like swelling of the uvula.
-Throat pain extends to ears.
-G.I.T.-Constipation as if something would break on straining.
-Diarrhoea with involuntary stools on every motion.
-Anus seems wide open.
-Cholera infantum, Prolapsus ani.
-Haemorrhoids with burning, stinging pains with profuse bleeding.
-Extreme pain on inspiration.
-Feels he cannot take another breath.
-Female genitalia-Ovarian cysts (right) in women, especially widows with specific pains.
-Female complaints with soreness and stinging pains.
-Oedema of labia >cold water.
-Dysmenorrhoea with scanty, slimy blood, sensation of tightness in abdomen.
-Leucorrhoea profuse, acrid, green.
-Tumors or open cancer of mammae.
-Abortion in early months.
-Tight feeling in abdomen or uterus.
-Constipation 2 during menses.
-Urine-Scanty high coloured, in drops with thirstlessness, last drop burns.
-Retention in nursing infants.
-Glomerulonephritis. Nephrotic syndrome, with excessive oedema and scanty urine output with sediments and albumin.
-Cystitis with scalding pain during urination.
-Extremities-Awkwardness, drops things.
-Oedema of extremities.
-Joints inflammed, red.
-Skin-Boils. Suppressed exanthemata. Herpes zoster.
-Eczema, urticaria, carbuncles with burning, stinging pains.
-Urticaria with burning pains.
-Eczema with marked swelling >cold applications.
-Sleep-Great drowsiness with all complaints.
-A stupid state or unconsciousness, coma.
-A/F suppressed exanthemata.
-Bores the head in the pillow.
-Sudden, shrill piercing scream. Cri encephalique.
-Typhoid fevers- with stupor and muttering delirium.
-Tongue trembling dry covered with little blisters.
-Great burning, soreness and bloatedness of abdomen.
-Skin partially hot and cool with transient sweat.
-Great prostration and inclination to lie down.
-Strangury or suppressed urination.
||:||1) Oedematous, puffy bag like swelling under the
2) Dropsy without thirst, and fever with thirst.
3) Sensation as though anus was wide open in diarrhoea.
|NUCLEUS OF REMEDY
||:||1) Jealous, suspicious, awkward, hysterical women
especially widows with A/F rage, vexation, bad news, jealousy.
2) Burning, stinging, sore pains > cold water. Pains migrating.
3) Oedematous puffiness, swellings local or general, without thirst, but fever with thirst - 3 p.m.
4) Associated strangury or urinary complaints.
-Oedematous, dropsical states
-Burning and stinging pains > cold.
||:||-Abortions, Angioneurotic oedema, Arthritis,
Cystitis, Herpes zoster, Meningitis, Nephritis, Pharyngitis, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Pyelonephritis, Urticaria.
-Apis has a slow action and must not be changed too soon.
-Increased flow of urine shows that the remedy has started acting favourably.
-A complete stupor yields to Apis after Opium phase.
-Should be given cautiously during the first 3 months of pregnancy- In low potency liable to produce miscarriage -Dr. Cowperthwaite.
-Apis for drug burns, iodine, chloroform etc. - Dr. Pulford.
||:||-Compare-Ars, Canth, Puls, Urt-ur.
-Acetic acid (dropsy)
-Ars (typhoid, cancer, gangrene).
-Complementary-Arn, Bar-c, Merc-cy, Nat-m.